Sydney Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Sydney Urban Adventures unlocks the hidden secrets in and around one of the world’s favourite cities. Offering a range of city adventures in Sydney from 2 hours to a full day, you will experience the backstreets, hidden gems and fascinating sights of Sydney, all in the company of an expert local guide.
With walking tours through Sydney's native bushland, bike tours along the magnificent harbour and a pub tour through the historic Rocks precinct, you won't just see Sydney ... you'll live it!
from 2 reviews
From AUD 40.00
Scratch the (dirty) underbelly of Sydney's notorious red light district on this sin-drenched Sydney tour. Hear about the notorious figures and big-time pimps who made 'the Cross' what it is today: a gritty, urban hub of vices that come in many guises.more...
Sydney With Conviction From AUD 40.00
Get real! Skip the superficial and dive deep on this Sydney tour that reveals the bizarre backstories and incredible histories of the city's icons. Behind the froth and bubble of sexy Sydney lies the stories of the winners who made it... and losers who didn't.more...
When Rum Ran the Rocks
from 1 review
From AUD 89.00
Step back to a magical time when rum was a currency, and Sydney's harbourside area of the Rocks was filthy rich with it. See local drinkers in their natural habitat, join them in their ablutions and learn about why rum was worth rebelling for… then and now.more...
Sydney Private Tour
Love the look of our Sydney tours, but feel like customising them to make exactly the tour you're looking for? Well, you're in the right place. Put our team of local experts to work to build the perfect itinerary just for you. You can include some of the components of our regular tours, or none at all. This is your tour — so make it your own! If you're not sure, we've got plenty of ideas for what you might want to include. If you let our team of expert locals know your interests, they will come up with all kinds of things!more...
more... more stories...
05 Mar 2015 We had a fantastic time and came away more knowledgeable!
10 Mar 2014 Valentino was a fantastic informative guide love his enthusiasm and knowledge
19 Nov 2013 Guide was knowledgeable, quite a lot of places visited in such a small area, the visit to the YHA site was unexpected and amazing, although I did suggest that showing guests a few photos of how locations used to look around 150 to 200 years ago would make the experience more interesting. While I did enjoy the full package, I do wonder if some people are detracted by the cost of this tour, and whether it's worth offering the tour section for $70-$80 and allowing guests to purchase their own meals and drinks separately rather than everything being included. I know personally I'd be more inclined at first to book a $70 tour than a $150 one.
08 Sep 2013 Maddie presented the info with enthusiasm and good inside knowledge and we enjoyed walking around and learning about some of the facets of this interesting side of life in Sydney.
Most of our team have grown up in Sydney; those who didn't moved here because of the amazing lifestyle this city offers. If you are into the outdoor life then this is one of the best places in the world to live. Sydney has stunning beaches, national parks, mountains with awesome bushwalks 90 minutes away and of course, the amazing harbour. With the temperate maritime climate we enjoy here, every day on the harbour you will find people sailing, kayaking, swimming, fishing and even scuba diving.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.